Thursday, March 12, 2009

Huzzah!

I was approved for a Foreign Language Acquisition Grant!

This means that the University has agreed to grant me $3,000 to put toward living in Damascus and studying Arabic this summer.


Now, this award is still subject to the Risk Assessment Committee. Since Syria bears a State Department travel warning, the University automatically has to evaluate all student travel there and may withhold funds if they deem my plans too dangerous for them to support (i.e. they wouldn't be able to cover their asses if something happened to me). So the grant could still be taken away.

Still, I'm very happy about this. If nothing else, it's been a while since I've filled out a good old-fashioned application for an established program and it feels good to know I can still make myself look good on paper.

But far beyond that, uh, Damascus for the summer. HI.

No comments:

Post a Comment