Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good grief, it never ends

It's probably a sign of having chosen the right institution of higher learning when seemingly every third intellectual giant one runs across is either a graduate, a student, or a former faculty member of said institution.

Turns out Larison is a grad student of Byzantine history here at UChicago.


What I am not going to do is turn into a massive creeper. Just so that's clear. To everyone, including me.


Seriously, though, this is a way bigger deal to me than, oh, Mearsheimer (meh) or Friedman or even Obama (although it's hard to compare because with Obama there was never really a moment of discovery; I always knew he was from here). It's about equivalent to when I found out about Wedeen (I read her work before I knew she taught here). I'm crazy, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment