Sunday, June 8, 2008

1. This is hilarious. At his victory speech, Barack and Michelle Obama exchanged a pound. A knuckle bump. A fist bump. Or, as some nutbags would have it, a "terrorist fist jab." The link goes to a collection/mocking of some of the ridiculous, racist-ass freaking out people have been doing. I highly encourage reading the comments, too: there are some damn funny people commenting on that site.

ETA: I started reading some of the racist comment threads, and man, thank maude for Sadly, No!. Because the only way to handle the fact that I share a country with people like this is to laugh.

WHAT IS OUR COUNTRY COMING TO??? OBAMA... NO PATRIOTISM... DOES NOT PLACE HIS HAND OVER HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGENCE AND IN FACT DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE IT. A VIDEO PROVES THAT. AS A VIETNAM VETERAN I AM DISGUSTED. NOW "FIST BUMPS"? THE NEXT THING WILL BE A BACKWARD BASEBALL HAT WITH USA FACING TO THE REAR. WILL THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER SOON BE A RAP SONG. SAY NO TO OBAMA... NO NO NO

I wonder what it's like to be this insane.

Oh, and this is just precious:

Fist bump, shmist bump. Let's see some a$$ grab!! forget the lame slap. C'mon, let's get going. She has got some booty!! I would vote for him if he would grab her a$$ on national TV. I mean, let's get the ownership thing straight. She IS your wife.

2. I would really like it if people who purport to engage in political commentary (not around the water cooler, but people who run blogs and such) could all spell "Barack" with the correct number of R's. This goes for everybody but especially people who support him. I mean, seriously, people, it's not that hard. It's kind of embarrassing when they fuck that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment