Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wow.

So I was reading a post on Sadly, No! about how Thomas Friedman got pied in the face while speaking at Brown.

At first, I was all, "Hahaha! Thomas Friedman sucks! I can't believe someone actually did that! Coolio!"

Then I watched it, and I honestly just felt bad for him. He was obviously so shocked. He just sort of wandered around the stage, dripping pie, not knowing what to do, until he finally just left.


The guy was instrumental in getting us into Iraq and has some ridiculously bullshit simplistic views about globalization (i.e. that all the benefits of it occur all by themselves, automatically, and nobody gets hurt in the process more seriously than can be described by clauses like, "of course, some will lose work, but"), but it was just really sad to watch. I can think of other ways of punishing/humiliating him, or expressing your ire, that are possessed of greater decency and greater civility.

I don't know. I'm just talking at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment