Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's all happening

I'm having one of these "we're living in the future!" moments just now, so forgive me while I platz.

I was scrolling through my Google Reader and a post entitled, "Blogging Positively: Join the Global Conversation about HIV/AIDS" popped up. Thinking one of my roommates (a global health type) would want to see this, I read the excerpted blog posts and clicked through to the Google Map of HIV/AIDS-positive bloggers. I randomly clicked on a point in the map, and I was faced with this:



The thing that really got me?



It's enough to make a person break out in "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke" or something equally mushy-brained. I just--there's this blurb right there about how the bloggers want people to get to know Nata Village, know the lives of the people who live there, etc. And then that little link, innocently offering me directions halfway around the bloody world.

BLOODY RIDICULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment